Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Michael Madsen stars in new biography of his Reservoir Dogs costar Lawrence Tierney


Michael Madsen, the acclaimed actor, poet, photograopher, and subject of the documentary film, American Badass, shows of his copy of the new biography, Lawrence Tierney: Hollywood's Real-Life Tough Guy.

Madsen’s recollectons of his experience working with Tierney on Quentin Tarantino’s film Reservoir Dogs, his first-person account of the clashes between Tierney and the young director, and subsequent escapades are a highlight of the book.

From the frontspiece:

 I respected Lawrence. I was awed by him. After we were shooting Reservoir Dogs, I’d turn on the TV late at night and—“Holy shit, there he is! There’s Lawrence Tierney. Oh, my God.” And there he’d be with his handsome face in some black-and-white movie, usually playing some sort of a bad guy. That was back in the day. And I have tremendous respect for those guys, so I wasn’t about to give Lawrence a hard time. I’m just a kid playing Mr. Blonde in a Tarantino movie. I didn’t know what the hell I was doing, but  I knew that he did. So even when he was throwing punches at me, I found it kind of endearing.

No comments: